Football season is here, and that means Game Day eats. Sundays are busy for a lot of families, so simple recipes are key. This 4-Ingredient Sour Cream Chive Dip from Joanna Keohane of The Family Food Kitchen is not only quick and easy, the flavor gets better with time, so can (and should) be made at least one hour ahead of time.
“The fresh chives really take the flavor of this dip over the top! So much better than store-bought – none of the artificial nasties either,” says Joanna, a recipe creator and mom of three who previously worked in test kitchens at Good Housekeeping, Bon Appetit and Epicurious. She adds: “If you want to make this dip healthier it’s fine to sub out some of the sour cream for full-fat or low-fat plain yogurt too.”
- 1 ¼ Cups Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 4 Tbsps. Fresh Chives, finely cut – Around 2 bunches or packets
- ¼ Tsp Sea Salt
- Place the sour cream and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
- Add the chives and salt.
- Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least an hour and up to 24 hours to let the flavors mix.
- Serve the finished dip with chips (crisps) crudités and other dipping foods of your choice.
This post originally appeared on our parent site, The Local Moms Network