Let’s face it, grilling is just the easiest way to prepare meals during this time of year… and avoid a big clean up! So, we are always excited to try a new recipe to switch things up! Jo Keohane, the mom of three and recipe developer behind The Family Food Kitchen is sharing a recipe for Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Thighs that we can’t wait to add to the menu!
2lbsChicken Thighs – boneless & skinless
2Limes – juice only
4clovesGarlic – peeled
PinchGround Black Pepper
1. Whisk together the lime, garlic, honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
2. Place the chicken in a wide flat bowl or lasagne pan and pour the marinade over. Mix it around until evenly coated.
3. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours but ideally overnight so it really gets into the chicken. Stir occasionally.
4. Pre-heat the grill to medium high. Remove the garlic cloves and grill chicken over a medium hot grill for 5 -6 minutes on each side, until it is is cooked through, the juices run clear and/or or an instant read thermometer registers 165ºF/75ºC when inserted into the thickest part of the thigh.
5. Let chicken rest, covered in foil, for around 10 minutes before serving.
This post originally appeared on our parent site, The Local Moms Network