Looking for fun new recipes to make a sweet treat this spring? We have three great options! Scroll down to check them out!
Super easy and festive rice krispie treats are a fun recipe for the whole family to get in on! Our sister site Sound Shore Moms shared the how-to!
- Cooking spray
- 2 packages each of yellow, blue and pink peeps or peep bunnies
- 1 box of Rice Krispies
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Layer the peeps across the bottom of the pan so that it is fully covered.
- Pour in Rice Krispies so that the layer of peeps is completed covered.
- Add another layer of peeps over the Rice Krispies. Again, completely cover the Rice Krispie’s.
- Cut the butter into chunks and scatter it amongst the peeps *I used a whole stick of butter but would probably only use 1/2-3/4 next time.
- Put in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove pan from the oven and stir with a spoon until the Peeps and Rice Krispies are fully combined.
- Sprinkle pastel sprinkles across the top.
- Let cool and harden before cutting into squares. Enjoy!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup GF flour blend or all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar or regular granulated sugar
- 2 large lemons
- 1 cup full fat plain yogurt of choice
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Option 1 – Lemon Buttercream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
Option 2 – Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a round cake pan with nonstick spray and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, or with a hand mixer, whisk together the eggs and sugar for 30 seconds.
Add the vanilla, yogurt, zest from 2 lemons, juice from 1 lemon, and mix to combine.
In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, ginger, and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined and there are no traces of flour left.
Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake for 26-32 minutes until just cooked. You want to be mindful not to over-bake since it will dry out without oil or butter in the recipe.
When baked, transfer to a baking rack, remove and let cool. While the cake is cooling, make the buttercream frosting or lemon glaze you’ve chosen as a topping.
Option 1 – Lemon Buttercream
In the bowl of a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, blend the butter, powdered sugar, and lemon zest for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy.
Frost the top of the cooled cake with the buttercream and top with a bit of extra lemon zest.
Easter Bunny Cinnamon Rolls from Maegan, the talented mom behind The BakerMama are one of our favorites… delicious, adorable and SO easy!
“Store-bought cinnamon rolls are so handy and make for such a quick and special breakfast. They go great with a spread of savory items like bacon and eggs as well as fruit for a fabulous breakfast or brunch,” says Maegan.
So, get your cinnamon rolls ready (I grabbed mine during my last trip to Trader Joe’s) and head to thebakermama.com for the full recipe!