If you’re anything like us… you can’t get enough of everything pumpkin!
That’s why we’re so excited that The Local Moms Network food contributor Kathleen Ashmore is sharing a recipe for Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies! Check out the recipe below!
- 1 1/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice blend
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin, blotted well of excess moisture
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips use Lily’s or Enjoy Life brand if you want to keep dairy free
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
1. In a large bowl, using a stand or handheld mixer, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
2. Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix for another 10 seconds.
3. Add oats, almond flour, salt, pumpkin spice, and baking soda and mix for another 10-20 seconds to incorporate.
4. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
5. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Scoop 1 1/2 Tablespoon sized cookies onto two baking sheets, leaving a couple of inches between them. I like to use a large ice cream scoop for this.
8. Pat cookies down lightly with your palm and add a pinch of flaky salt to each one.
9. Bake for 11-14 minutes until golden around the edges and soft in the center.
10. Allow cookies to rest on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
11. These can be eaten right away, or frozen for later.
For more healthy and easy recipes, follow Kathleen on TikTok @katcancook and on Instagram @kat_can_cook.