With mummy hot dogs, pumpkin oranges, ghost bananas, leaf cheese and a jack-o-lantern pepper… a Halloween Kids Dinner Board is an option the whole family is sure to love!
If you want to give it a try, here are the simple instructions (and ingredients)… the only thing you may not have in the pantry are eyeball candies but you can grab them from Amazon or Michaels or substitute M&Ms!
What You Need
- Hot Dogs
- Crescent Rolls
- Eyeball Candies (or M&Ms)
- Orange Bell Pepper
- The dipping sauce of your family’s choice
- The veggies of your family’s choice
- Sliced cheese
- A festive cookie cutter (I used leaves)
- Crackers of your family’s choice
- A board to put everything on
- Wrap your hot dog in strips of crescent rolls to make a mummy and put the wrapped hot dog in the oven according to the instructions.
- Peel the clementines, cut a piece of celery and put it through the whole at the top of the clementine to create a stem.
- With a knife, cut the top off of your pepper and take out the seeds. Then, cut eyes, a nose and mouth, scoop in dip. You can make as many of these as you’d like for different dipping sauces.
- Take out the sliced cheese and use cookie cutters to create shapes.
- Peel your bananas, cut them in half and gently push in the candy eyes. Note: They will stay in place with just a little pressure, but don’t press too hard because that will squash the banana.
- When the hot dogs come out of the oven, let them cool and then use a dab of ketchup or mustard to attach the google eyes.
- Arrange all of these items along with the veggies and crackers on a board
- Watch everyone enjoy!