Popcorn is a must in our house for snack time and especially… movie time!
So I am thrilled that our parent company, The Local Moms Network is sharing a make-at-homegourmet popcorn recipe from Katie Witten, the talented mom behind Witten Kitchen. It uses fresh rosemary and garlic for a sophisticated take on a classic, but mix it up with any herbs you like! Scroll down to check it out!
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn, unsalted and unbuttered
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 large clove of garlic, smashed.
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- To garnish: additional parmesan cheese
- Make popcorn based on your personal preference. We are all about ease here so we buy unsalted, unbuttered microwave popcorn.
- In a small sauté pan, heat ½ stick of unsalted butter over medium-low heat. Once it begins to bubble, swirl around the pan, allowing it to darken or brown. Add in the garlic clove, stirring around. Be careful not to let it burn. Once it becomes fragrant and slightly browned, take off the heat. Take out the clove of garlic and discard. Add in the rosemary and salt. Stir to combine.
- In an empty medium-sized bowl, coat the sides with butter, leaving a portion of it in the pan. Add in half the popcorn and stir around. This will help the butter cover more popcorn and not just the top pieces. Add in the parmesan cheese. Stir and then top with the remaining butter mixture. Add in more parmesan cheese on top.